Sunday, September 4

homestay in tana

Lala, Nathalie, et Valerie are now my new Malagasy family.  They live in an apartment in Tana… not the safest part of town by any means but the apartment itself is very quaint and welcoming – I learned you can determine the status of a Malagasy family by the existence of a bidet in the home… little bit of french culture right there.  Cold water showers and a toilet that kind of flushes – these are luxuries that I have quickly learned to wholeheartedly cherish.  As far as laundry goes, it is not culturally acceptable to allow others to wash your underwear… which is something that my host mother made clear to me righhhhht away.  Can’t wait to hang my exceptionally bright, lacy underwear next to my family’s white granny panties……………… whoops!!

Here are a few pics from the apartment: c’est belle, non?

No comments:

Post a Comment